Sleep Lost, Smiles Gained, A Morning with Future Leaders

The alarm rang in the morning, but honestly, it wasn't needed. I hadn't slept at all.
The previous night disappeared somewhere between PowerPoint slides, AI tools, and the endless question, "Will they enjoy this session?" Armed with a cup of coffee, a sleepy face, and a lot of hope, I started my journey to deliver a guest talk on communication skills for MBA students.
This was probably my fifth or sixth visit to the college, but one thing never changes the excitement of seeing classrooms filled with young minds and ambitious dreams. Looking at them, I couldn't help but wonder, Who knows? The next CEO, General Manager, or successful entrepreneur might be sitting in the last bench pretending to listen!
I began by sharing my own story. During my college days, my biggest fear wasn't exams it was speaking in English. I struggled, made mistakes, and sometimes wished the attendance would end before my turn came. Today, standing in front of students and speaking confidently reminded me that growth is always possible.
To wake up both the students and myself, we played a few communication games. One student had to describe a mobile phone without saying "phone." Another had to introduce a classmate in just one minute. The results? Endless laughter, creative answers, and one brave student who described a pen as "a sword for internal exams!" The room came alive.
I also introduced them to free AI tools that can help improve communication, vocabulary, writing, interviews, and presentations. Technology is a wonderful guide, but it can never replace daily practice and the courage to speak.
When the session ended, I wasn't thinking about my sleepless night anymore. I was thinking about the smiles, the questions, and the confidence I saw growing in that room.
Sometimes, the best communication doesn't begin with perfect English. It begins with one brave sentence, one genuine smile, and the willingness to keep learning...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When the Mind Decides to Move On...

The Silent Festival Within

When Life Slowed Down in a Hospital ward...