Let Life Move, Let Us Stand...

This morning, I read a Tamil poem, and one line simply refused to leave me

“Maramaga eruppom, yar vanthal enna, yar ponal enna!”

Let us be like a tree. Whoever comes, whoever leaves, let us remain.

I read those lines again and again. Sometimes, a few simple words can sit quietly in our mind and make more noise than a hundred speeches. These words made me think about people, relationships and the many changes we experience in life.

Shakespeare said something similar “Men may come and men may go.” It sounds easy when we read it. But applying it to our own life? That is a different story!

When someone leaves, we immediately start our investigation. What happened? Why did they leave? Was it my fault? Should I have said something differently? Our mind becomes a full time detective, working without salary!

But perhaps everything that leaves our life should not be called a loss.

Sometimes, something leaves because its part in our story is complete. Sometimes, life removes one thing to make space for another. And sometimes, we simply don't know why. Maybe we don't need to know everything. Maybe accepting is also a form of understanding.

I have experienced situations where I thought, “This is the end. What will I do now?” Later, when I looked back, I smiled. What I thought was an ending had quietly become a beginning.

Life has a strange sense of humour. We cry over a closed door, only to discover later that another door was already open!

A tree teaches us something beautiful. Birds come, sit on its branches, build their nests and fly away. The tree never asks, “Why are you leaving me?” It simply continues to grow. New birds come. New seasons come. The tree remains.

Maybe we should learn to live like that.

Let us love people while they are with us. Let us value the memories they give us. Let us accept those who leave without carrying unnecessary bitterness. And when someone new enters our life, let us welcome them with an open heart.

We don't know what is coming next. It may be unexpected. It may be better. It may even make us laugh at the things we once cried about.

So, let people come. Let people go.

We will remain rooted, grateful, hopeful and perhaps a little wiser.

After all, life is moving. Why should we stand still?




Comments

  1. Yes, what you said is absolutely true. Some of the greatest relationships may leave our lives without even saying goodbye, but the memories they gave us will always remain with us. We have to accept everything and let life become easier, so that our hearts can feel lighter too. ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

When the Mind Decides to Move On...

The Silent Festival Within

When Life Slowed Down in a Hospital ward...